Drive up the mountain in SUV’s/ 4x4’s (self-driving your own vehicles or jump in with someone)
Sunset hike on a route that takes us through the higher plateau leading to an old settlement overlooking the seaside to watch the sunset
Set camp, unwind, relax and enjoy good company under a starry night sky
Enjoy a night of chilling to the bonfire and good food with like-minded people
Temperatures at night is expected to be around 15C, so bring out your winter jacket!
Access to private toilets
Sunrise yoga with a breathtaking view
Stunning views of Ras Al Khaimah city at night
Get ready for an exciting adventure as we come together to connect with nature in the Hajar Mountains. We escape away from the city to a place where time stands still and where the temps are lower than at sea level. We plan to escape the heat of the city and enjoy cooler nights under the stars with free spirits like yourselves. Be taken aback by the sights and sounds of the Hajar Mountains at Camp 808.
This trip starts with a 4x4 trail up the mountain to Camp 808, where a sedan will find it difficult to make the distance, making this place less accessible to the public. The trip has lots of different things to suit everyone.
INSURANCE - Everyone undertaking activities in our events are covered by Adventure Quest Insurance
TRANSPORTATION - Due to the current situation, we advise you to drive your own vehicle to the location. Note: A 4x4 SUV is required to drive up the mountain. No off-road, road is clear, drive over gravel. For those without a 4x4 or SUV, you can park your car at the bottom of the mountain and we'll help you hitch a ride with somebody to the top.
Strictly NO SMOKING during activities and NO ALCOHOL during camping activities.
Day 1 - Friday 26th March
- Meeting point at 3:00 pm at ENOC petrol station on the new E611 extension: https://goo.gl/maps/YSAaUg2ryKpCpEjJ7
- (Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 1:30 pm)
- At 3:30 pm (or earlier if everyone is on time) we move towards the Camp 808
- We drive together in one convoy towards the entrance of the wadi
- At the wadi, we park the sedans and redistribute all guest with the available SUVs/4x4s
- Our drive up the mountain is for approximately half an hour. until we reach Camp 808
- Once we reach the top of the mountain and Camp 808 and unload our gear, we start our hike from Camp 808 towards a stunning sunset view point location
- The duration of the hike around 2 hours depending on group pace
- Dinner will be Local food, fruits, sweets etc Please let us know of any allergies or dietary requirements
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions and in the interest of everyone’s safety we will be abiding by RAK Government Covid Guidelines
- After hike, we set up camp, relax, connect and feast on delicious Arabic cuisine
- Camping at Camp 808: All camping gear catered for ( tent, sleeping bag, foam mattress, headlamp)
Day 2 - Saturday 27th March
• Early wake up for sunrise yoga session
• Morning coffee, time to embrace nature and then a hearty breakfast
• Dismantle camp and ready to move between 9:00 am ad 10:00 am to civilization
• Expect to be back in Dubai by 12-1pm
• *Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors
We then make our way down on trail back to our starting point.
A reminder that we abide by the ‘Leave No Trace’ rules where we leave everything the way we saw it. Whatever we take in – we take out! Leaving our trails and campsite pristine!
We always appreciate if you to do your part and join us in bringing a litter bag and leave our environment in a better shape than how we find it.
Getting out of city life, enjoying the beautiful weather, staying physically active and meeting great people, I can't recommend joining Adventure Quest enough, there's really no better way to experience nature in the Middle East.Keith
What is included
1 trail mix pack for the hike, dinner and breakfast
Experienced and certified mountain guide
Tents, sleeping bag and mat provided ( all the camping gear provided is sanitized before and after use. However, feel free to bring your own should you be more comfortable with it)
A community sharing the inclusive love for the outdoors and wellbeing
A chance to live wild, learn whole and explore freely
All guests on our trips are covered by our insurance policy
What is not included
We are committed to cut down on single use plastic. Please bring water filled in your water bladder or water canteens - required min. 3L of water for this event
What to bring
|NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE|
|Backpack mandatory (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps - alternatively a regular school backpack)|
|Suitable wicking hiking clothes|
|Decent hiking shoes (recommended with ankle support or trainers)|
|Facemask (preferably reusable, or alternatively head bandana/buff)|
|Headlamp (notify us if you do not have and we can provide)|
|Quick dry/ face towel (for after the hike)|
|Extra shirt, flip-flops (for after the hike)|
|Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses (optional)|
|Reusable water bottle or water bladder - to cut down on singly use plastic (minimum 3L of water per day per person)|
|Personal basic Aid kit (advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc.)|
|Energy bars, snacks|
|An inclusive spirit, positive attitude and lots of smiles|
About the location
We reserve the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of people joining us.