Sat, 04 Mar|
Canyoneering - Krython Canyon (hiking and abseiling)
An advanced canyon with long abseils. A spectacular way down from Sheri Village
Time & Location
04 Mar, 07:00 – 16:00 GTS
Jebel Jais, Jabel Al Jais Road(New) - Wadi Al Beeh - Ras al Khaimah - United Arab Emirates
About the Event
Starts with a hike up to Sherri Village. Quite enjoyable and easy, reaching 1050m of elevation starting from Wadi Naqab, Ras Al Khaimah.
This hike requires a good level of bouldering and scrambling, sometimes along a non marked or clear way, some other times following the evident canyon winding down.
You need to be know already how to abseil using descenders.
For more info and pictures of this location, visit our page here: Krython Canyon (adventurequest.ae)
INCLUDED IN THE FEE
- Certified hiking guide leading the way, showing and explaining the natural features and history of the area.
- All the technical climbing gear necessary for the activity.
- Max Participants: 6
From the top of the village, we carry on towards the top of the canyon where you will need scramble down towards the canyon. This hike starts initially with some downclimb small walls and continue on some ledges where we will find the first abseil drops that make our way down to the start of the canyon.
The abseils (4):
- 8m: easy and there are fixed hanger with quick links.
- 42m: to be able to access the second abseil point, you will need to go from the left side of the pool through the tiny ledges. It's doable. Moderate abseil with a lovely overhang.
- 41m: easy access to the hangers. All fixed and in good conditions. The drop is quite enjoyable with minimum foot work.
- 60m (the final one to finish on) just right after the 3rd drop, easy to access the hangers. The drop is quite enjoyable and easy.
Total Ascent: 900m
Total Descent: 900m
# Abseils: 4
Longest Abseil: 60m
Duration: 7-10 hours
Hike Level: Advanced
WHAT TO BRING
Any car can reach the start point of wadi. But for the last 4-5km, a high clearance SUV is necessary (else hiking)
Carpool sheet will be discussed for confirmed participants
- 4 liters of water, minimum
- Snacks (oranges, apple, dates, protein bar), electrolytes, sandwiches, nuts
- Hiking boots or trainer with good grip sole
- Hiking pants, tights, dry fit t-shirt
- Sunscreen lotion
- Hat and sunglass
ACTIVITY DIFFICULTY LEVEL
Hiking Level: ADVANCE
Climbing/Canyoneering Level: INTERMEDIATE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Check our events terms and conditions and cancellation policies here
4 Mar 23 - Krython Canyon
Abseil down Krython Canyon, one of the huge canyons of UAEAED 500.00