Sun, 25 Jun|
Kilimanjaro (5895m) Summit Attempt (Tanzania)
Summit the Rooftop of Afrika Reach New Heights on a Kilimanjaro Adventure!
Time & Location
25 Jun, 07:00 – 03 Jul, 07:00
Kilimanjaro, Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
About the Event
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is an epic adventure. With an elevation of 5,895 meters, reaching the summit of Africa's highest peak is a truly awe-inspiring experience. The journey requires endurance through diverse terrains, but is also filled with breathtaking scenery, like minded climbers, and guidance from experienced guides. Standing atop Uhuru Peak is an unforgettable moment that makes every step of the climb worth it.
FOR WHO IS THIS?
Despite its elevation, Kilimanjaro is accessible to anyone with a sense of adventure and a willingness to push themselves beyond their limits.
Whether you're an experienced climber or just looking for an unforgettable adventure, Kilimanjaro has something to offer for everyone.
Mount Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano located in Kilimanjaro Region of Tanzania. It has three volcanic cones: Kibo, Mawenzi, and Shira. It is the highest mountain in Africa and the highest single free-standing mountain above sea level in the world: 5,895 metres (19,341 ft) above sea level and about 4,900 metres (16,100 ft) above its plateau base. It is the highest volcano in Africa and the Eastern Hemisphere. Kilimanjaro is the fourth most topographically prominent peak on Earth. It is part of Kilimanjaro National Park and is a major hiking and climbing destination. Because of its shrinking glaciers and ice fields, which are projected to disappear between 2025 and 2035, it has been the subject of many scientific studies.
Day 1 (25 June)
Transfer to Arusha/ Moshi, briefing and rest.
Drive from Moshi to Londorosi Gate (2100m) and trek to Mti Mkubwa Camp (2850m)
Hike from Mti Mkubwa Camp- Shira II Camp (3850m)
Walk Barranco Camp (3950m) through the Lava Tower
Hike to Karanga Camp (4000m) to make sure we are well acclimatized
Journey to Barafu Camp (4673m)
Summit push to Uhuru Peak (5895m) and descend to Mweka Camp
Walk down to Mweka Gate and drive to Moshi to celebrate!
Day 9 (3 July)
Extra day in case of bad weather and option to visit NgoroNgoro National park for a safari.
We will spend 2 nights in Arusha/Moshi in a double room hotel.
The rest of the night will be in shared tents in the different locations of the mountain. Tents are provided and set every night
UAE baseed Trip Leader.
Local Licensed Guide.
8,700 dhs per person
Limited spots available
Ethiopian Airlines 24 June
05:40 - 09:00 DXB Dubai ADD Addis Ababa
10:35 - 13:10 ADD Addis Ababa JRO Kilimanjaro
Ethiopian Airlines 4 July
17:20 - 19:50 JRO Kilimanjaro ADD Addis Ababa
21:45 - 02:55 ADD Addis Ababa DXB Dubai
Or anything else that arrives earlier and leaves later then these
- Climbing guide and team leader
- Accommodation in Arusha, double room hotel, 2 nights.
- Tents during the trekk
- Meals during the trekk
What’s not included
- Personal expenses
- Alcohol drinks
- Any changes to the program
- Other excursions not included in the program
- Flight booking and price is not included in the event and needs to be arranged by the participants.
Required Personal Gear
- t-shirts (short and long sleeves)
- TREK PANTS 2 quick dry summer trek pants and 1 shell trek pant
- THERMALS 2 pairs of top and 2 pairs of bottom thermals
- FLEECE 1-2 pairs
- DOWN JACKET 1 Down/Padded jacket (Upto -10 to -15 degrees )
- RAINWEAR 1 Waterproof jacket and 1 waterproof pant. 1 bag cover
- WINDPROOF / RAIN JACKET All rain proof can be used as wind proof
- 1 BALACLAVA / 1 NECK WARMER
- 2 GLOVES 1 water proof and 1 woollen
- 1 HAT / 1 WOOLLEN CAP
- 1 TREKKING POLE
- 1 PHOTOCHROMIC SUNGLASS
- 1 HEADLAMP / TORCH
- 1 HYDRATION SAC (3L) AND 1 THERMO
- TOILETRIES wet wipes, sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm, dental, peronsal hygiene
- Note: Some gears like mountain boots, down jacket etc. can be rented.
ACTIVITY DIFFICULTY LEVEL
INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCE
Check the Activity Levels of AQ here: Difficulty Levels | Adventure Quest
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Check our events terms and conditions and cancellation policies here
Mt Kilimanjaro - 25 June
Join this incredible experience!