Sun, 06 Aug|
6000m summit attempt - Mentok Kangri (6250m), Ladakh, Himalayas
Start this 10 days trip with acclimatization treks on few peaks in the incredible Ladakh region, then we will gear up and attempt the summit of Mentok Kangri (6250m)!
Time & Location
06 Aug, 07:00 GMT+4 – 17 Aug, 07:00 GMT+4
Mentok Kangri, Ladakh
About the Event
The Mentok Mastiff is one of the most beautiful and alluring objective in the Rupshu valley of Ladakh on the Changthang Plateau. The Changthang plateau is the 1600 km long Tibetan plateau that extends into southeastern Ladakh.
The Mentok group consists of 3 peaks 6200m, 6150m and 6250m rising from the banks of the Tso Moriri Lake. The trek brings an unmatched vantage point to the beautiful Tsomoriri Lake that it overlooks.
This collection of 3 peaks provide a challenge not only in terms of technical climbing, but also in terms of acclimatizing. Mentok is a semi technical peak and is apt for experienced trekkers who want to get an introduction to mountaineering!
To get you up to speed to manage the technical aspects of climbing we will train you for it. With acclimatization also being a challenge in this, we start this expedition with a approach from Tsokar. The 4 day hike to the base camp will run through 4 high altitude passes of 5000 mts and above and will get you properly acclimatized for this climb.
Spot elusive wildlife species like the Tibetan Gazelle, Tibetan Wolf, Mountain Goat, Blue Sheep, Black Necked Cranes, etc.
FOR WHO IS THIS?
Whether you're an intermediate or an experienced hiker this trek is for you. We will have time to aclimatize and gain experience in various treks in the area and give you the conditions to take you from the sea level to the summit!
Ladakh is bordered by the Greater Himalayas in the west and south, the Karakoram in the north and the Tibetean Plateau in the east. These ranges form a natural barrier and does not allow clouds to enter this valley making it a rain shadow region and thus a cold desert. The term Ladakh translates to land of high passes. Some of the highest motorable roads in the world are here. Ladakh is a major tourist destination in the summers.
The temperature is a lot cooler in this region as co mpared to other areas in the Himalayas.
Afternoon: Upto 20 degrees. Nights: Around zero degrees (June) and -12 degrees (September end)
Day 1 Arrive in Leh Ladakh (Aug 6)
Hotel Check-in. Overnight at hotel in Leh
Day 2 Acclimatization day.
Visit the Leh village, shopping. Overnight at hotel in Leh
Day 3 Practice rock craft. Overnight at hotel
Learn rope systems and introduction to rock climbing at Shey Monastery
Day 4: Drive from Leh to Ponganagu (4651 mts).
Overnight stay in camps
Day 5: Trek from Ponganagu to Nuruchan (4679 mts)
Trek 18 kms | Time 7 hours. Overnight stay in camps
Day 6: Trek from Nuruchan to Gyamar Barma (5190 mts) via Kyamayuri La (5410 mts)
Trek19 kms | Time 9 hours. Overnight stay in camps.
Day 7: Trek from Gyamar Barma to Kerzog (5150 mts) via Kartse La (5384 mts)
Trek 20 kms | Time 8 hours. Overnight stay in camps
Day 8: Trek from Kerzog (4550 mts) to Mentok Base Camp
Trek 8 kms | Time 7 hours. Overnight stay in mentok base camps
Day 9: Training day at Base Camp and Summit push at night.
We should summit Mentok 2 the peak at dawn. After summiting Mentok 2 we Move towards
Mentok 1. Mentok 1 is 120 mts higher than Mentok 2 and an additonal 4kms (round trip).
Trek14 kms |14 hours. Overnight stay in camp at Mentok Base camp
Day 10: Trek from Mentok Base camp (5010 mts) to Kerzog (4550 mts)
Trek12 kms | 4 hours. Drive Back to Leh. Overnight at hotel in Leh
Day 11 : Trek ends post breakfast.
Drop arranged to Airport.
Day 12 : (17 Aug) Buffer day
To be utilised in case of bad weather. Trekkers are requested to account for this day while booking their tickets
UAE baseed Trip Leader.
Local Guides in Ladakh and Porters.
7,500 dhs per person
Limited spots available
Air India, 5 Aug, DXB 00:15 - DEL 04:55am
Air India, 6 Aug, DEL 6:45am - IXL 8:20am
Air India, 17 Aug, IXL 12:00 - DEL 13:30
Air India, 17 Aug, DEL 16:45 - DXB 19:00
Or anything else that arrives earlier and leaves later then these
- Accommodation (Twin/Triple sharing basis) for the trip
- Transport from Leh to Tsokar and Korzog to Leh
- Food from the first day to the last day of the trek
- Hotel stay in Leh
- Airport / Bus stand pickup. (On trek specific dates only)
- Rentals for all common gear (tent, sleeping bags, crampons etc.)
- Forest entry permission and camping charges. All permits for foreginers and Indian nationals
- Guide and expertise charges
- Offloading charges for your duffle bag (Offloading is mandatory else you will not have energy left to climb)
- Trek insurance
What’s not included
- 5% GST Government Taxes
- Meals or drinks purchased by participants during the travel or trek (example biscuits, fruits etc)
- Personal gear listed below
- Any extra government charges. (There aren’t any as of now)
- Flight/Train/Bus ticket till Leh.
- Buffer day charges
- Anything else not included in Whats Included
Required Personal Gear
- t-shirts (short and long sleeves)
- TREK PANTS 2 quick dry summer trek pants and 1 shell trek pant
- THERMALS 2 pairs of top and 2 pairs of bottom thermals
- FLEECE 1-2 pairs
- DOWN JACKET 1 Down/Padded jacket (Upto -10 to -15 degrees )
- RAINWEAR 1 Waterproof jacket and 1 waterproof pant. 1 bag cover
- WINDPROOF / RAIN JACKET All rain proof can be used as wind proof
- 1 BALACLAVA / 1 NECK WARMER
- 2 GLOVES 1 water proof and 1 woollen
- 1 HAT / 1 WOOLLEN CAP
- 1 TREKKING POLE
- 1 PHOTOCHROMIC SUNGLASS
- 1 HEADLAMP / TORCH
- 1 HYDRATION SAC (3L) AND 1 THERMO
- TOILETRIES wet wipes, sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm, dental, peronsal hygiene
- DOCUMENTS 2 passport photos, identity card and Doctor’s medical certificate (stating you are fit for the trek. We reserve the right to not take you on the trek if you fail to produce this)
- Note: Some gears like mountain boots, down jacket etc. can be rented.
ACTIVITY DIFFICULTY LEVEL
INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCE
Check the Activity Levels of AQ here: Difficulty Levels | Adventure Quest
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Check our events terms and conditions and cancellation policies here
Mentok Kangri, Ladakh - 6 Aug
Join this incredible experience!