Sat, 14 Oct|
Bima, Wadi Bani Auf
Snake Canyon with abseils (OMAN)
Snake Canyon, a winding trail of cracks between two mountains, where gushing water has cut right through. We will take the right fork! With abseils and cliff jumping!
Time & Location
14 Oct, 09:00 – 9:05
Bima, Wadi Bani Auf, Bima، Oman
About the Event
Snake Canyon, a winding trail of cracks between two mountains, where gushing water has cut right through. Colorful rocks with plenty of water pools, into a gorge that can be as wide as 10 m and as narrow as 50cm.
Snake canyon is part of Wadi Bani Awf, an incredible natural wander.
Snake Canyon has 2 forks. An easier route, where no abseils are needed.
This trip is the other fork, where there will be abseiling and cliff jumping involved. Be ready for the adventure!
THE JOURNEY FROM UAE
If you come to UAE, few of us will be driving Friday evening, reaching a camping place near the gorge start. Takes about 5 hours to reach from Dubai.
If you require transportation or a sheltered accommodation nearby the canyon start, we can arrange. Let us know.
It takes about 4-5 hours to cross the canyon, through walking, downclimbing boulders, jumping in water pools and abseiling/repelling. There are two major drops. A 10 m drop can be also jumped and a 35 m curved drop. Also, you should be ready to jump into water pools from about 5-6m cliffs, swim, and slide.
- 9am meeting at a designated meeting point, close to the gorge
- 10am start hiking through the gorge
- 2pm, back to the cars and drive back to the starting point
- 3pm, ready to drive away.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Canyoneering guide, leading and setting up all repels, and assist you
- All technical gear necessary (ropes, harnesses, helmets, carabiners)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation to Oman
- Everything listed below in WHAT TO BRING
WHAT TO BRING
Any car can reach the start point of the hike (no need 4x4)
Carpool sheet will be discussed for confirmed participants
- Waterproof puch for phone and car keys
- 4 liters of water, minimum
- Snacks (oranges, apple, dates, protein bar), electrolytes, sandwiches, nuts
- Hiking boots or trainer with good grip sole
- Hiking pants, tights, dry fit t-shirt or comfortable swimmwear
- Sunscreen lotion
- Hat and sunglass
ACTIVITY DIFFICULTY LEVEL
Hiking Level: INTERMEDIATE
Climbing/Canyoneering Level: BEGINNER
Check the Activity Levels of AQ https://www.adventurequest.ae/difficulty-levels
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Check our events terms and conditions and cancellation policies https://www.adventurequest.ae/disclaimer-terms-conditions/
Snake Canyon (Abseils)AED 300.00
Snake Canyon (Abseils) - Child
Up to 12 years oldAED 250.00